Pick a poem

Discussion Area For Poems and Writing

Re: Pick a poem

Postby Seizure » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:42 pm

Glad you are keeping it open, despite a traffic slowdown! I'll contribute a bit more and brainstorm some other ideas that might generate traffic.

For me? I stopped writing almost completely for a while. The itch is coming back, maybe I never lost it? I suppose we will find out!
Life is just a game, not everyone can win
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Dreamer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Seizure wrote:Glad you are keeping it open, despite a traffic slowdown! I'll contribute a bit more and brainstorm some other ideas that might generate traffic.

For me? I stopped writing almost completely for a while. The itch is coming back, maybe I never lost it? I suppose we will find out!

I don't think we ever really loose it. We just lack the right time, to catch the passing thought or to actually sit down long enough to arrange them into something..

I get the itch to write once in a while but life pulls me away from the computer to soon. I write in all one sitting to get the flow right.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Seizure » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Yeah... that has been a pretty big problem over the years. I end up with all of these ideas, by the time I sit down, it's gone. No idea what I was thinking about. When I'm focused, without interruption, I can churn some material out though.

Like you, I have to do it all in one sitting. If I don't, it feels disjointed and never really "complete." So I have a lot of scribbles here and there where I started, but got pulled away. Maybe they will turn into something one day.
-Seizure
Seizure

Postby Dreamer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:54 pm

I know when I have a good line that I think of that I could build a poem around I either record it to my phone or put it in a phone notepad. But for some reason that is usually the way it remains for a long time.. hmmmm maybe I should go thru a few of those since I am stuck in with the weather hehe.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Seizure » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Ha, I should do the same. I'm around DC after all (weather)

Unfortunately, since I can't bring my cell into work, I can't do something similar. Maybe a notepad is in order...
-Seizure
Seizure

Previous

Return to Poems and Writings