ON YOUR OWN ...

Almost Anything Goes

ON YOUR OWN ...

Postby Stacey » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:54 pm

Are you still living with your parents ? How old do you think you'll be when you move out on your own ? Or how old were you, when you moved out ?
What's your opinion on having an opposite sex room mate ?

I was on my own at age 17. Things were really tuff at times, but I think i made the right decision at the time. Homelife just wasn't what it should have been .
Stacey

Postby Leah06 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:26 pm

yes im still living with my parent, i WILL be moving out when im 18 and i dont think there is anything wrong with having an opposite sex room mate, as long as he knows where the line is and that he better not even think of crossing it!
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby Dreamer » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:01 pm

Tjough this is an old post I think I will bring it up top again,,

I haven't lived with my parents for a long time. I originally moved out when I was 18. I didn't get along with my mom very well for a long time. So it was rough going for quite a while as I learned about life on my own by trial and error. I stayed pretty enstranged from my parents till a couple years ago which was way too long for the misunderstanding of youth to rule ones life.. She thought everything I did was meant just to hurt her. (such as when I called home because I was going to be a few minutes late. she thought I was calling to gloat that I was breaking her rules. when I really was thinking of her and hoping to keep her from having to worry those extra 10 minutes that I wasn't there) and I thought she was just mean and a control freak (control freak yeah mean yeah but I think now she was just over protective and didn't realize or trust that she had brought me up with a good head on my shoulders) She never got to know me as an adult till the last couple years. Sad really, I didn't turn out too bad (hehe)

As for the opposite sex as a room mate.... I had several over the years ... some were boyfriends but the one that was strickly room mate and not a lover was really one of the best room mates there was. He did some of the stuff I didn't like to do like cut the grass every once in a while. The ones where they lived with me with "fringe benefits" so to speak were users.. looking for a free ride till things got tough the money was gone and reality set in, then left when they were needed the most.

Guy roomates can be like brothers. Just make sure your lines are drawn... And you stick to them.... if not it leads to a confusion on the definitions of lonliness, sex, need, lust and love. which can make for a real depressing situation...
Dreamer
Site Admin

Return to Open Forum