Dumb Question...

Almost Anything Goes

Dumb Question...

Postby Stacey » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:19 pm

ok here's the situation...

My so called " better half " , i like to refer to him as "the procrastinator" mailed in our taxes last minute with a check , because we had to pay in this year.
* sigh * okay.. here's the part that ruffles my feathers...
He didn't put enough postage on the enevelope and when i got the mail today, guess what was sitting in my mailbox ? hmmm....

Dumb Question : What happens when your taxes are late ????
:x
Stacey

Postby Dreamer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:58 pm

you have to pay an interest penalty but I am not sure how much.... perhaps this page will help

http://www.clientadvisor.biz/nl/newdesi ... /CB119.htm
Dreamer
Site Admin

Postby Leah06 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:49 pm

i did my taxes and turned it in 3 days early.... and i am a huge procrastinator so i was proud of myself. *happy dance* :wink:
What you do with your life is only half of the equation, the other half, the more important half, is who you're with when you're doing it.
Leah06

Postby Stacey » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:17 pm

it's remailed and i put the entire enevelope inside a new one, that way they can see the original post stamp date. I don't think that's going to make a difference though. It was our fault that we didn't have enough postage on it in the first place. It's baiscly considered an " excuse " I'll let you know if they send us anything, stating whether or not we have to pay a late fee.

Thanks for the link Becky. It was helpful.
Stacey

Return to Open Forum